Samsung Galaxy S Duos has received a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware. The device is now be able to load the device and you can manually upgrade your Galaxy S Duos to this latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS with this new Firmware. With this new OS update, your device would have many more new features which only are available for high end smartphones like Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Note 2 and the rest ones. Following tutorial will teach you how you can install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy S Duos smartphone.
Following tutorial and this new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware is specially designed for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this tutorial or Firmware on any of your other Android device like a smartphone or a Tablet. It may get you many undone results with some bug problems. We are not responsible if the phone gets any unwanted results by applying this Firmware. Try at your own risk.
Prerequisites to upgrade Galaxy S Duos with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM :
- Your device must be a rooted one CWM recovery must have to be installed in it
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device should be charged up to 80% to complete the installation process
- Take a good backup of your device’s stored data like texts, pictures, songs, videos, apps and all the other important ones
- Disable all the security and antivirus software from your device
- Your PC must have installed proper Android SDK in it
- Have a proper data cable to connect a device to the PC to transfer a Firmware file
These were all the requirements to be done before to start applying this installation process. Now, let’s go further with the installation process. Following we have made a complete brief step by step detailed tutorial that will teach you to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom Firmware to your Galaxy S duos smartphone.
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware on Galaxy S Duos :
Step 1 :
- Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware for your current Galaxy S Duos smartphone. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware on your PC, you can download it easily from the link given below.
- Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps. Google Apps are the apps which come as pre-installed with your Android device. After upgrading your device, these apps will be removed, hence you got to install this apps package on your device along with a Firmware update. You can download it from the following link.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- After complete downloading both the files, connect your Phone by using a proper data cable to the PC. Make sure the device is connected with a Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- After this, copy both the above downloaded files to your device’s memory.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- You can do so, by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all buttons and get a recovery menu on your device’s display.
Step 7 :
- Use volume up and volume down keys to navigate the options and to select any option select Power button.
Step 8 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset confirm this process from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware from the options.
Step 10 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the downloaded Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware file. Then hit the install button.
Step 11 :
- After completing this installation process, make sure to repeat the same process and wisely install a Google apps package to your device.
Step 12 :
- When both the installation processes gets done well, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now from the recovery menu.
Step 13 :
- Your phone will automatically go reboot. It takes four to five minutes to complete the installation process. After a while your phone will start normally.
Step 14 :
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed a latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS to your own Samsung Galaxy S Duos smartphone. You can check whether your phone is upgraded or not from within your device. To do so, follow the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
This was all about a complete installation process of a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S Duos smartphone. Make sure to complete all the given steps wisely to get the best results at the end.
What’s your thought on this? Do you have any questions to be asked? If there’s any, do let us know. Meanwhile, you can share your opinions and views with us by putting a comment below the comment box.