XXDMF3 is the most recent official firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device. This firmware upgrades the device to the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system as its official version. Samsung has unleashed this update as its OTA update and if you owned the same Galaxy Note 2 device, you can now upgrade it the device with this official XXDMF3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. From here you would get to know how you can install this latest and official XXDMF3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on Galaxy Note 2 device. Details are as follows!
Here given official XXDMF3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware update is only available for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device. You are requested not to apply this firmware update on any of the other Android smartphones or Tablets. This firmware is specially designed for Galaxy Note 2 device and can not be applicable on any other devices. It may get you many undone results with some bug problems. And we would not be responsible if it gets you any unwanted results. Try at your own manual risks.
Prerequisites to upgrade Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with an official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have to be installed in it
- Take a good backup of your device’s stored data like texts, pictures, songs, videos, apps and all the other important ones
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device should be charged up to 75% to complete the installation process
- Your PC must have installed proper SDK drivers of Android to connect the device
You should have these much things to get started with the installation process. Check all the above mentioned requirements one by one and kicks off to the following installation process.
Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1 :
Download XXDMF3 Android 4.1.2 official Jelly Bean firmware for your Galaxy Note 2 device. If you don’t know from where to download this firmware, kindly follow the below given link to download this firmware directly.
Step 2 :
Download an essential tool to install any official firmware on any Android device, Odin. Download Odin tool from the link given below. This tool is mandatory for the process.
Step 3 :
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Note 2 device and reboot it in recovery mode.
- You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+home buttons together. When you see something on your device’s display, press power button.
Step 4 :
- And then, launch the Odin tool on your PC.
- Now, connect your device to the PC by using a proper data cable, make sure to connect the device well as it will automatically be recognized by the Odin tool latterly.
Step 6 :
- Once it get successfully connected to the PC, Odin box will turn Yellow or Skies Blue. A good sign it is! You can now proceed further with the installation process.
Step 7 :
- From the Odin tool, select PDA and browse the Android 4.1.2 official firmware file.
Step 8 :
- Click on to Start button to run the installation process with the help of the Odin tool.
Step 9 :
- After completing the installation process properly, you will have a PASS message from Odin tool indicating by its first box.
Step 10 :
- You’re done with the process. You have successfully installed an offciail Firmware update to Galaxy Note 2 device. If you want to see the update, you could easily see it just by following the below given path from your Note 2 device. Follow the below path to check wether the device is upgraded or not.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware
What’s your thought on this? Do you have any queries or questions? If there’s any, feel free to let us know. We would surely help you out with a proper solution.