Samsung Galaxy Y gets a new and a latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware update. Yes, Jelly Bean for Galaxy Y is now available and you can upgrade this smartphone with a latest Android OS, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in it. If you owned the same device and looking forward to change its current OS, you are at the right place. Here, we have made a complete detailed tutorial that teaches you how you can install a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Galaxy Y smartphone.
The following tutorial and this latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware which is mentioned here is only available for Samsung Galaxy Y Duos smartphone. This Firmware wont work on any other devices. You are requested not to apply this Firmware update on any of your other Android smartphone or a Tablet device. It may get you many undone results and some bug problems. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes after installing this Firmware on any other Android device.
Prerequisites to upgrade Galaxy Y with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM :
- Your device must be a rooted one CWM recovery must have to be installed in it
- Your device should be charged up to 80% to complete the installation process
- Take a good backup of your device’s stored data like texts, pictures, songs, videos, apps and all the other important ones
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your PC must have installed proper Android SDK in it
- Have a proper data cable to connect a device to the PC to transfer a Firmware fileDisable all the security and antivirus software from your device
The new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware brings a number of features to your current Galaxy Y device. Following we have enlisted all the additional features after installing this Firmware to your device. JellyNoid, this is the Firmware on which we are talking about.
JellyNoid Features for Galaxy Y Smartphone :
- New Lock screen with lookalike a launcher feature
- Multiple new shortcuts to lock the screen
- Notification panel can be accessible while the device is being locked
- Quick settings mode
- Google now at a single Tap
Following is a brief tutorial with all the useful steps that are essential for this installation process. Follow each steps wisely to get the best results at the end of this article.
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Y
Step 1 :
- Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone. If you are not aware about from how to download this Firmware, simply follow the link given below here. Click it out and the Firmware will be downloaded right away!
- Download Android 4.2.2 JellyNoid custom ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps. Android device has numerous pre-installed Google Apps. All these apps will be removed once the installation process gets done. To get them back in the device, you have to download and install this Google Apps package in the device. Download it from the below link.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- After complete downloading processes, connect your phone to the PC by using a proper data cable and make sure the device is connected with a Mass storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy both the above downloaded file to your device’s memory card. You can place this files to anywhere on your device’s storage option.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- You can do so, by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all buttons and get a recovery menu on your device’s display.
Step 7 :
- Use volume up and volume down keys to navigate the options and to select any option select Power button.
Step 8 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset confirm the process from the recovery menu by tapping on to next option.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 JellyNoid Firmware.
Step 10 :
- To install Google apps on your upgraded device, select Google apps package and do repeat the same process again.
Step 11 :
- When both the installation processes get done successfully, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now from the recovery menu.
Step 12 :
- Your phone will automatically be reboot. This time it takes several minutes to start as it needs some time to complete the installation process.
Step 13 :
- After a while your phone will start again with a new OS.
Step 14 :
- You’re done! You have successfully installed a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS to your Galaxy Y smartphone. You can manually check this update from your device. For that, follow the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
This was all about to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone with a new and a latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Do follow the above detailed stuffs wisely and rejoice a new OS on your Phone.