Samsung’s one of the most popular high end smartphone, Samsung galaxy S2 has received a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. Now, you can upgrade this phone to a latest Android operating system by installing a new custom ROM Firmware on it. Paranoid Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM is now available to be installed on your Galaxy S2 device. If you are just bored with the same features and same UI of this device, time to make some changes. Learn how you can upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 with Paranoid custom Firmware to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean from here. Following we have made a complete step by step detailed tutorial on the same topic. Details are as follow!
This Paranoid Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware which is given here is only available for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this Firmware on any of your other Android devices like a Smartphone or a Tablet device. It may get you many undone results with some bug problems. Be safe and not to apply this ROM on other Android device. We are not the responsible persons if you have applied it on your other Android device. Try to apply this firmware at your own risk on other Android devices.
Prerequisites to upgrade Galaxy S2 I9100 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM
- Take a good backup of your device’s stored data like texts, pictures, songs, videos, apps and all the other important ones
- Your device must be a rooted one CWM recovery must have to be installed in it
- Your device should be charged up to 80% to complete the installation process
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your PC must have installed proper Android SDK in it
- Disable all the security and antivirus software from your device
- Have a proper data cable to connect a device to the PC to transfer a Firmware file
These were all the requirements to upgrade the device with Paranoid Jelly Bean custom ROM. Following is a brief detailed tutorial of this installation process with all the useful steps. Do follow it wisely.
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 I9100
Step 1 :
- Download Paranoid Android 4.2.2 jelly Bean custom ROM. This is the ROM which is specially designed for Galaxy S2 smartphone. If you don’t know from where to download it, you can easily get it downloaded from the below given link.
- Download Paranoid Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps. Google apps come as pre-installed apps on your Android device. After upgrading your phone with this firmware, all the installed Google apps would be removed automatically. So, you have to re install all these useful apps to your device.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your smartphone to the PC by using a proper data cable and make sure the phone is connected with a Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- After this, copy or transfer the above downloaded firmware and Google apps files to your device.
Step 5 :
- Now, you can disconnect your phone from the PC. Disconnect it and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your Galaxy S2 device into recovery mode.
- You can do so, by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all buttons and get a recovery menu on your device’s display.
Step 7 :
- Use volume up and volume down keys to navigate the options and to select any option select Power button.
Step 8 :
- After reaching to this process, select wipe data/factory reset confirm the process from the recovery menu by tapping on to next option.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Paranoid Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware file.
Step 10 :
- After this, go back to the main recovery menu and follow the above process once again to install Google apps package.
Step 11 :
- And then select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now from the recovery menu.
Step 12 :
- You’re done! Your phone will automatically reboot and this time it takes four to five more minutes to start.
Step 13 :
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed a new and a latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM to your Galaxy S2 smartphone. If you want to check this update from your own device, you just need to follow the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
This was the simple process to upgrade the current OS of your Galaxy S2 smartphone. If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to let us know by putting your comment down below this comment box.