Samsung’s one of the best affordable smartphone, Samsung Galaxy Ace gets a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware update. CyanogenMod developers has already offered this update for many Samsung devices and finally it gets unleashed for Galaxy Ace smartphone. CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Ace is now available. If you have owned the same device and want to make some changes to its features, you got to upgrade it with a new Jelly Bean Firmware. Here we have made a step by step full detailed tutorial that teaches you how you can manually install CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace device. Details are as below!
Here given CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware is only available for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone. It doesn’t support any other devices. You are requested not to apply this Firmware on any of your other Android devices like a Smartphone or a Tablet device. It may get you many undone results with some bug problems. Be safe and not to apply this ROM on other Android device. We are not the responsible persons if you have applied it on your other Android device. Try at your own risk.
Prerequisites to upgrade Galaxy Ace with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM
- Your device must be a rooted one CWM recovery must have to be installed in it
- Your device should be charged up to 80% to complete the installation process
- Take a good backup of your device’s stored data like texts, pictures, songs, videos, apps and all the other important ones
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your PC must have installed proper Android SDK in it
- Have a proper data cable to connect a device to the PC to transfer a Firmware file
- Disable all the security and antivirus software from your device
Following is a brief detailed tutorial with proper steps. To install this new and a latest Android OS Firmware on your device, you need to follow each of the given steps wisely. Follow the below tutorial.
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Ace
Step 1 :
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone. If you are not aware about how and from where to download this Firmware, you can easily get it downloaded just by following the below download link.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps. Google Apps package is an essential thing you need to install after upgrading your device. Each Android device has numerous pre-installed Google apps and after installing this new Firmware on the device, all of these apps will be removed. So to get them back you need to install this package. You can download it from the below link.
- Download Google Apps Package
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your Galaxy Ace smartphone to the PC by using a proper data cable. Make sure the phone is connected with a Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Now, copy both the above downloaded file to your device’s external memory. You could transfer these files at any folder of your device.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect Galaxy Ace from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- You can do so, by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all buttons and get a recovery menu on your device’s display.
Step 7 :
- Use volume up and volume down keys to navigate the options and to select any option select Power button.
Step 8 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset confirm the process from the recovery menu by tapping on to next option.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Step 10 :
- To install Google apps on your upgraded device, select Google apps package and do repeat the same process again.
Step 11 :
- Once, both the installation process gets done successfully, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now from the recovery menu.
Step 12 :
- You’re done! Your phone will automatically reboot by now and this time it takes several minutes to start as it needs this much time to complete the installation process.
Step 13 :
- Your device is upgraded now! You can check the updated Firmware from your device itself. For that, you need to follow the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
This is what you need to know to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone with a new and a latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. Meanwhile, if you have any queries or questions, feel free to let us know by comments.