Update Galaxy Y to Jelly Bean with Jelly Blast Android 4.1.2 ROM : Samsung’s most popular mid range Android smartphone, Samsung Galaxy Y gets a new Android OS Firmware. Jelly Blast Android 4.1.2 ROM is now available to upgrade your device from its current OS to the latest Android OS. If you owned the same device and got bored with the same user interface, time to make some changes to it. Learn how you can upgrade your Galaxy Y to Android 4.1.2 OS right from the following given tutorial.
Here mentioned custom ROM firmware is specially developed for Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone only. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many issues. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes after installing this update.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Make sure your device is charged up to 70% to handle this entire installation process
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
Update Galaxy Y to Jelly Bean with Jelly Blast Android 4.1.2 ROM
Step 1 :
- Download Jelly Blast Android 4.1.2 ROM for your Galaxy Y smartphone. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, kindly follow the below given link.
- Jelly Blast Android 4.1.2 ROM for your Galaxy Y
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. Follow the below link to download this Google Apps’ package.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your device to the PC by using a proper USB data cable. Make sure that it is connected with a Mass Storage option, so that we can access all the proper data from the device.
Step 4 :
- Now, copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card and move further with the installation process.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your phone runs on its recovery mode now. You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This process will clear off the current OS Firmware from your device.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- Do repeat the same process once again to install Google Apps on the device after completing the above process.
Step 11 :
- After completing both the installation processes, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now Samsung Galaxy Y.
Step 12 :
- Your Samsung phone will itself reboot and this time it will take a couple of minutes to complete the process.
Step 13 :
- You’re done! You have successfully installed Jelly Blast Android 4.1.2 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone. You can check this firmware update from your smartphone, for that do follow the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your thought on this? Have you ever tried this process before? Do share your views and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any queries or questions regarding the above tutorial, feel free to let us know. We would like to interact with you, till then stay tuned with us and get all the trendy Firmware updates right from us!