Samsung’s so popular Phablet device, Galaxy Note 8.0 has received an official Jelly Bean update from Samsung. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 gets a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update officially from Samsung to upgrade the device with a latest Jelly Bean OS. Being an official Firmware, this update will remove all the current bug problems from your device and let get you a smoother device to explore the world with some sorts of new features. From here you would learn how you can install this official Firmware on this Phablet device manually. Following step by step detailed tutorial will help you to do so. Details are as follow!
Here mentioned official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware is only available for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE N5120 Phablet device. You are requested not to apply this Firmware on any of your other Android devices like a Smartphone or a Tablet device. It may get you many undone results with some bug problems. Be safe and not to apply this ROM on other Android device. We are not the responsible persons if you have applied it on your other Android device. Try at your own risk.
Prerequisites to upgrade Galaxy Note 8.0 with an official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Your device must be a rooted one CWM recovery must have to be installed in it
- Your device should be charged up to 75% to complete the installation process
- Take a good backup of your device’s stored data like texts, pictures, songs, videos, apps and all the other important ones
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your PC must have installed proper SDK drivers of Android to connect the device
These much things are needed before to start this installation process. If you’re done with the above requirements, following is a brief tutorial with proper download links. Have a look!
Update Galaxy Note 8.0 to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1 :
Download this official Android 4.2.2 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, kindly follow the below link and download this Firmware right away!
Step 2 :
Download Odin. This tool is an essential that lets you allow to install this official Firmware on your device. This tool is specially designed by Google itself for all of its devices.
Step 3 :
- Turn off your Galaxy Note device and reboot it in recovery mode.
- You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+home buttons together. When you see something on your device’s display, press power button.
Step 4 :
- After this, launch Odin tool.
- Now, connect your device to the PC by using a proper data cable. This step must be done properly.
Step 6 :
- Once it get successfully connected to the PC, Odin box will turn Yellow or Skies Blue. It means your device is now compatible to load the installation process.
Step 7 :
- From the Odin tool, select PDA and browse the Android 4.2.2 official firmware file. This is the same file downloaded from the step 1.
Step 8 :
- Click on to Start button to run the installation process via Odin tool.
Step 9 :
- After completing the installation process properly, you will have a PASS message from Odin tool.
Step 10 :
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed a new and a latest official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Phablet device. Your Phablet is no totally upgraded with a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. You can check this new Firmware update by following the below path.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware
This is what you need to know to install an official Firmware update on your Samsung device. As I mention above, Odin tool is an essential tool to install any official update for a respective Samsung smartphone. Odin tool is similar to the Samsung Kies with a more fluent way. You can easily make use of this tool from your Windows based PC.
What’s your thought on this? Do you have any queries or questions related to this installation process? If there’s any, feel free to let us know. Meanwhile, if you have any opinions to share, you can share them with us by putting down your comment below the post in the comment section. We would like to hear from you.