Samsung’s stunning affordable smartphone, Samsung Galaxy is up again with a latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM firmware update. SlimKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM is now available to be installed on your Galaxy Nexus device. This new update brings a whole new user interface along with the latest Android features. If you want to make changes to your current device, it’s the right time to do so. Learn how you can upgrade your Galaxy Nexus to the latest Android OS from here. Following tutorial will help you doing so. Do follow it!
The Custom ROM Firmware which is given here is only available for Samsung Nexus I9250 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many unwanted issues. Try this tutorial on your own manual risk.
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Make sure your device is charged up to 70% to handle this entire installation process
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to SlimKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM
Step 1 :
- Download SlimKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM for your Galaxy Nexus device. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, you can download it right from the following link.
- SlimKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re-install them back on your upgraded device. If you are not aware of it, you can simply click on to the following link from where you can download Google Apps package for the respective device.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Connect your Nexus device to the PC by using a proper USB data cable. Make sure that the device is connected in Mass Storage mode to access the stored date from it.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your Galaxy Nexus device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your phone is now on its Recovery mode with a personal display.
- You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This process will Flash out the current OS from your device so a new one can easily enters.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- After completing the above process, do repeat the same process once again and choose Google Apps.
Step 11 :
- After a while, both the processes will get done successfully. And then select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your Nexus will reboot and this time it will take a couple of more minutes to complete the whole installation process well.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Galaxy Nexus smartphone. To check this update manually, do follow the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your take on this? Have you ever tried installing any updates like this before? Do let us know your views. Meanwhile, if you have any questions or queries to be asked, feel free to comment it over here into the comment section. We would surely going to help you out with proper solution.