Samsung’s most popular high end smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S3 International variant gets a new and a latest Custom ROM update to its KitKat Operating system. Yes, Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix Custom ROM is now available. This new update fixes all the bug problems from the device to make it run smoothly. Learn how you can install this new Custom ROM on your device right from the following tutorial.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix Custom ROM which is given in the following tutorial is only available for Samsung Galaxy S3 International variant. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many unwanted issues. Try this tutorial on your own manual risk.
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure your device is charged up to 85% to handle this entire installation process
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
Step 1 :
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix Custom ROM for your Galaxy S3 device. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, you can download it right from the following link.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. You can follow the below given link to download this Google Apps package.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Connect your S3 to the PC by using a proper USB data cable. Make sure that the device is connected in Mass Storage mode to access the stored date from it.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card so that a user can easily access the stored data from the device.
Step 5 :
- After completing it, disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your phone is now on its Recovery mode with a separate menu.
- You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- Do repeat the same process as above to install Google Apps on your PC. Make sure to choose Google Apps which we have downloaded above.
Step 11 :
- And now, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your device will reboot and this time it will take a couple of more minutes to complete the whole installation process.
Step 13 :
- You’re done! You have successfully installed Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Galaxy S3 smartphone. If you want to check this update, you need to follow the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your take on this? Have you ever tried this update before? Do share your views and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any queries or questions to be asked, feel free to let us know. We would like to interact with you for future.