Samsung’s big screened Tablet device, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 which has been doing just great in the tech market, gets a new Android official Firmware update. It can be now upgraded to the latest Android 4.2.2 official firmware with XXDMH1 firmware. If you are facing some bug problems and want to upgrade your device, this is the right time to do so. Following tutorial will help you upgrading this device to this new Firmware.
XXDMH1 Android 4.2.2 official firmware which is given here is only available for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 device. You are requested not to apply this firmware update on any other Android smartphone or Tablet devices as it’s specially designed for the above mentioned device. It may get you many undone results including some bug problems. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes by applying this Firmware on your device. Try this at your own manual risk.
- Your device must be a rooted one CWM recovery must have to be installed in it
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device should be charged up to 75% to complete the installation process
- Take a good backup of your device’s stored data like texts, pictures, songs, videos, apps and all the other important ones
- Your PC must have installed proper SDK drivers of Android to connect the device
Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 with XXDMH1 Android 4.2.2 Official Firmware
Step 1 :
Download XXDMH1 Android 4.2.2 official Firmware for your Galaxy Tab 2 device from here. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, kindly follow the below given link. Click on to the following link and make it downloaded,
Step 2 :
Download Odin. This is tool is essential to install any official firmware update on any Android device. You can get it downloaded from the following link.
Step 3 :
- Turn off your Tablet and reboot it in recovery mode.
- You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+home buttons together. When you see something on your device’s display, press power button.
Step 4 :
- And after this, launch Odin tool from your PC.
- Then after, connect your Tablet device to the PC by using a proper data cable. Make sure to use proper data cable so that the device gets easily connected to the PC.
Step 6 :
- Once it gets successfully connected to the PC, Odin box will turn Yellow Which indicates that your device is now connected. You are good to go further.
Step 7 :
- From the Odin tool, select PDA and browse the Android 4.2.2 official firmware file. Yes, the same file which we have downloaded from the above Step 1.
Step 8 :
- Click on to Start button to run the installation process via Odin tool.
Step 9 :
- After a while, you will have a PASS message from Odin tool.
Step 10 :
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed a new and official firmware on Galaxy Tab 2 device. You can check this update manually just by following the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware\
What’s your take on this? Have you ever tried such process before? Do share your experience and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any questions or queries to be asked, feel free comment below the comment section. Your feedback is always welcomed!