Nexus 10, the best one in the Tablet range, gets a new Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware. Google Nexus 10 is available with a number of innovative features and a complete unique design keeps everyone’s eyes on it. Apart from all these, developers do like to bring updates for such unique pieces of technology and hence Buttered Manta Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean is here to be installed on the device. If you want to upgrade your device with this custom ROM, following tutorial will help you out.
The Firmware which is given here is specially designed for Nexus 10 device. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many unwanted issues. Try this tutorial on your own manual risk.
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
- Make sure your device is charged up to 80% to handle this entire installation process
Update Nexus 10 to Buttered Manta Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Step 1 :
- Download Buttered Manta Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM for your Nexus 10 device. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, you can download it right from the following link.
- Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re-install them back on your upgraded device. If you are not aware of it, you can easily download Google Apps package from the following link.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Connect your Nexus 10 device to the PC by using a proper USB data cable. Make sure that the device is connected in Mass Storage mode to access the stored date from it.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your device’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your Nexus 10 device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your device is now on its Recovery mode with a personal display.
- You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This process will Flash out the current OS from your device so a new one can easily enters.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- After completing the above process, do repeat the same process once again and choose Google Apps.
Step 11 :
- Wait for both the installation processes to be done well. And then select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your Nexus 10 will reboot and this time it will take a couple of more minutes to complete the whole installation process well.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed Android 4.3.1 ROM on your Nexus 10 smartphone. To check this update manually, do follow the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your take on this? Do let us know your views and opinions about this tutorial. Meanwhile, if you have any other queries or questions to be asked, feel free to let us know. We would like to get feedback from you.