Google’s most popular tech device, yes you guessed it right. It’s Nexus 4 which gets a whole new and of course a latest Android Firmware update. Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM Firmware is available to fix all the bug problems from your upgraded Google Nexus 4 device. If you are facing some bug problems, you should upgrade your device right away. Following tutorial will help you installing this firmware on your Nexus 4 smartphone.
Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM Firmware which is given here is only available for Nexus 4 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many unwanted issues.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Make sure your device is charged up to 80% to handle this entire installation process
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
How to Update Nexus 4 with Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM
Step 1 :
- First and foremost thing you need to do is, download Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Firmware for your Nexus 4 smartphone. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, you can download it right from the following link.
- Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM Firmware
Step 2 :
- After this, download Google Apps to re install on your PC. You can follow the below given link to download this Google Apps package.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- After completing this, connect your Nexus 4 to the PC by using a proper USB data cable and make sure that it’s connected with Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Now, copy the above downloaded files to your phone’s memory card and follow the next step.
Step 5 :
- And then disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your phone is now on its Recovery mode with a proper Menu.
- You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This process should be done properly as it flashes the current Android version from the device.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- Do repeat the same process as above to install Google Apps on your PC. Make sure to choose Google Apps which we have downloaded above.
Step 11 :
- When both the processes get done successfully, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your Nexus 4 will reboot and this time it will take a couple of more minutes to complete the whole installation process.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed Android 4.4.2 on your Google Nexus 4 smartphone. You can manually check this update right from your device itself. For that do follow the below given step.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your take on this? Have you ever thought of getting this new update this early? Do share your thoughts and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any questions or doubts, feel free to let us know. We are here to help you out, till then stay tuned with us!