Google’s most recent smartphone, the successor of its very talented device (Nexus 4), Nexus 5 gets a new Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM Firmware. Android 4.4.2 RasSyked KitKat custom ROM is now available to be installed on your Nexus 5 smartphone. This update brings a couple of new features and it’s there to fixed all the bug problems from this device. Following tutorial will help you installing this Firmware on the device. Useful details are as follows!
Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM firmware which is given here is only available for Nexus 5 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many unwanted issues. Try this tutorial on your own manual risk.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Make sure your device is charged up to 75% to handle this entire installation process
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
How to Update Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.2 RasSyked KitKat Custom ROM
Step 1 :
- Download Android 4.4.2 RasSyked KitKat Custom ROM for Nexus 5 device. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, you can download it right from the following link.
- Android 4.4.2 RasSyked KitKat Custom ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. If you you are unaware about it, feel free to visit the following link from where you can download a latest package of all the Google Apps for free.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Connect your Nexus device to the PC by using a proper USB data cable. Make sure that the device is connected in Mass Storage mode to access the stored date from it.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your phone is now on its Recovery mode with a personal display.
- You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- After this, to install Google apps on the device, do repeat the same process once again and choose Google Apps.
Step 11 :
- After completing both the processes, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your Nexus 5 will reboot and this time it will take a couple of more minutes to complete the whole installation process.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Nexus 5 smartphone. You can manually check this update just by following the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your thought on this? Which is the current OS Firmware on your Nexus 5? Do share your views and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any queries or doubts regarding the above process, feel free to let us know. For that, put your query down in to the below comment section. Your feedback is always Welcomed!