HTC’s most affordable and popular smartphone, HTC Explorer gets a new Android Firmware update. Android 4.4.2 KitKat ParanioidAndroid Custom ROM is now available to be installed on your HTC Explorer smartphone. If you are just bored with the same user interface of your smartphone, it’s the right time to upgrade it with the latest Android OS. Learn how you can manually upgrade this phone with Android 4.4.2 custom ROM from the following tutorial.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM firmware which is given here is only available for HTC Explorer smartphone. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many unwanted issues. Try this tutorial on your own manual risk.
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
- Make sure your device is charged up to 80% to handle this entire installation process
How to Update HTC Explorer to Android 4.4.2 KitKat ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM
Step 1 :
- Download Android 4.4.2 ParanoidAndroid custom ROM for HTC Explorer. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, you can download it right from the following link.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. If you you are unaware about it, feel free to visit the following link from where you can download a latest package of all the Google Apps for free.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Connect your Explorer device to the PC by using a proper USB data cable. Make sure that the device is connected in Mass Storage mode to access the stored date from it.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- After this, disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your HTC device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your phone is now on its Recovery mode with a personal display.
- You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- After completing the above process, do repeat the same process once again and choose Google Apps.
Step 11 :
- Wait for both the processes to get done successfully, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your HTC Explorer will reboot and this time it will take a couple of more minutes to complete the whole installation process.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed Android 4.4.2 ROM on your HTC Explorer smartphone. To check this update manually, do follow the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your take on this? Do share your views and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any other doubts or queries to be asked, feel free to let us know. Your feedback is always welcomed!