Sony’s most talented and a recent top notch high end smartphone with all the new and innovative features, Sony Xperia Z gets a new custom ROM firmware on its KitKat OS. Yes, this new Bean Stalk Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM is now available for this device which fixes up all the current bug problems to this device. If you are facing any difficulties with your current OS, time to get a change. Learn how you can manually install this new Custom ROM firmware on your Xperia Z smartphone. Useful details are as follows!
Here given Android 4.4.2 KitKat BeanStalk Custom ROM is specially designed for Sony Xperia Z smartphone. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many unwanted issues. Try this tutorial on your own manual risk.
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
- Make sure your device is charged up to 85% to handle this entire installation process
How to Update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 KitKat BeanStalk Custom ROM
Step 1 :
- First of all, download Android 4.4.2 KitKat BeanStalk Custom ROM for your Sony Xperia Z device. If you don’t know from where to download this Firmware, you can download it right from the following link.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat BeanStalk Custom ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. For that, kindly follow the below given download link.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your phone to the PC by using a proper USB data cable. Make sure that the device is connected in Mass Storage mode to access the stored date from it.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- After this, disconnect your device from the PC and put your phone into complete turn off mode.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your phone is now on its Recovery mode with a separate menu. You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This process will flash out the current OS Firmware so that a new one can take place easily.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the Firmware file from your PC.
Step 10 :
- To install Google Apps on your device, do repeat the same process once again.
Step 11 :
- And now, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your device will reboot and this time it will take a couple of more minutes to complete the whole installation process.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed Jelly Blast Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Sony Xperia Z smartphone. You can manually check this update right from your device. For that do follow the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your thought on this? Have you ever tried this process before? Do let us know your experience about it. Meanwhile, if you have any other doubts or queries regarding the installation process, feel free to let us know. We would try our best to get them solved, till then stay tuned with us and get such trendy tech updates.